Unexpected Error

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:27 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Hi,

I installed Mews 0.9 following installation instructions. First time when I ran Mews iy asked me to choose a directory for database. After that it keeps giving error and closing.

I am using WM 6.5.3 on Samsung Omnia II with Turkish language.

The content of UnexpectedError.tx file is below. Any clue?

--------------------

An SqlCeParameter with ParameterName 'groupıd' is not contained by this SqlCeParameterCollection.
- System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeParameterCollection.ThrowParamterNotFoundException(String parameterName)
- System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeParameterCollection.RangeCheck(String parameterName, SqlCeParameter& param)
- System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeParameterCollection.get_Item(String parameterName)
- System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.CreateParameterAccessor(MetaData[] metadata)
- System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.CreateDataBindings()
- System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.CompileQueryPlan()
- System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options)
- System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteScalar()
- Mews.Net.Nntp.Cache.Group.GetThreadCountCore(SqlCeCommand command, Boolean dispose)
- Mews.Net.Nntp.Cache.QueryCache.GetThreadCount()
- Mews.Application.MainForm.ExecuteAndUpdate(Action action, Boolean refreshAllGroupThreadCounts)
- Mews.Application.MainForm.<.ctor>b__0(Boolean refreshAllGroupThreadCounts)
- Mews.Application.MainForm..ctor(String tempDirectory, Cache cache)
- Mews.Application.Program.Main()

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Hi

Thanks for reporting this.

I don't currently see why this is happening. I'll try to get hold of a turkish WM6.5 emulator and try to reproduce this.

I'll post again as soon as I know more.

Regards,

Andreas

Coordinator
Mar 17, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Ok, I think I know what's happening. It appears that the problem will manifest itself only on Turkish devices, because in Turkish the lowercase equivalent of an I is ı rather than i (as in all other languages).

I should be able to come up with a fixed version pretty quickly, but unfortunately I can't test it at my end because I don't have access to a Turkish WM6.5 emulator image. So, I might need a few tries before everything behaves as expected.

Would you be willing to test a couple of versions?

Thanks,

Andreas

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Could you please try the new release as follows:

1. Uninstall Mews on your device (you only need to uninstall the Mews application itself, the other components can remain)

2. Delete the data directory you have chosen at application startup

3. Download the following new release: http://mews.codeplex.com/releases/view/62769

4. Install Mews.Installer.cab from the new release on your device

Please let me know whether it works or not, thanks!

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Well,

Uninstalled and installed the new version. It worked. I was able to run the application and connect to Mozilla test server and receive test group messages.

I can see the headers but when I try to see the message there are no text in the bodies of the messages. I will try another news server tonight and inform you.

Thanks a lot.

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 11:44 AM
Edited Mar 18, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Uninstalled and installed the new version. It worked. I was able to run the application and connect to Mozilla test server and receive test group messages.

Ok, thanks for testing this.

I can see the headers but when I try to see the message there are no text in the bodies of the messages. I will try another news server tonight and inform you.

Hmmm, not good. Are you sure that you tapped Send/Receive, Full, Group when you downloaded the messages for the first time? You can verify this by checking how the icons for the messages look like. Do they look like torn documents or full documents (the first screen shot on the project main page shows both variants)?

Regards,

Andreas

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 1:35 PM

On a related note, I have identified a couple of WM6.5-specific issues in this work item:

http://mews.codeplex.com/workitem/20259

Please let me know if you find others, thanks!

Regards,

Andreas

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:09 PM
andreas_huber69 wrote:

Ok, thanks for testing this.

Hmmm, not good. Are you sure that you tapped Send/Receive, Full, Group when you downloaded the messages for the first time? You can verify this by checking how the icons for the messages look like. Do they look like torn documents or full documents (the first screen shot on the project main page shows both variants)?

Regards,

Andreas

Ok. When I selected "Full" this time it got all the bodies.

What really annoying is that I can't select messages by tapping in tree view. Since I am using Omnia II I do not have D-Pad or action buttons.

Regards

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2011 at 9:42 PM
msurg wrote:

What really annoying is that I can't select messages by tapping in tree view. Since I am using Omnia II I do not have D-Pad or action buttons.

The newest release (0.9.2) should correct that problem. With this fix the application should be usable on 6.5, even if you can't use action buttons. Two other issues remain, see release notes.

Sorry, I wasn't testing on 6.5 before. Now that I am, I should be able to fix the remaining issues within days. Again, if you find others, please let me know.

Also, if you have ideas for improvements, I'm all ears.

Thanks,

Andreas

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM

FYI: 0.9.3 should fix all 6.5-specific issues.

Regards,

Andreas